About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

AND THE RACE IS STILL ON FOR THE OSCARS

Below is an excellent little article from movieline.com on what may be the most vulnerable of the potential best picture nominees. I agree with his analysis except that I think it's a pretty gone conclusion, even before now, that The Last Station and The Lovely Bones weren't going to make it. Invictus is a hard call because everybody seems to buy into the myth that Eastwood always gets a nomination when in actuality he doesn't. The list doesn't include Up, which is vulnerable if people decide to only nominate it in the animation category. Nine is a hard call because I suspect that when an audience sees it, they like it; the problem is that they're having a hard time getting an audience to see it; but that's what screeners are for. In addition, I think Weinstein is part of this and the lesson is never count Weinstein out.

http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/the-5-most-vulnerable-best-picture-candidates.php?page=all

No comments:

Post a Comment