About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DECLARATION OF WAR

Just got back from Declaration of War, the French entry in the Academy foreign film category. It's an autobiographical film about two parents who learn their two year old son has a very serious health issue. It's often moving and I was never bored. At the same time, the direction, by writer and star Valerie Donzelli (she co-wrote with the father of the child, Jeremie Elkaim), which is obviously influenced by French new wave directors like Truffaut and Godard, is a bit too hit and miss, sometimes connecting, but also too often not. It doesn't quite come up to 50/50.

No comments:

Post a Comment