About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

KUNG FU PANDA 2

The further adventures of Po. It has some amazing animation (especially the action fight scenes and a peacock whose tail fans in and out on a moment's notice), but the story is only serviceable. The plot seemed more chosen to show off the skills of the animators rather than to drum up any emotional feelings for the characters. The whole thing takes place in China, so of course the most important characters are voiced by Westerners (Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Gary Oldman). Jack Black's never been better (not sure that's a compliment). It's not as bad as I'm making it sound, but it's also nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment