About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

THE INNKEEPERS

A ghost story set in a hotel that is closing, and I highly recommend it. It's Ti West's new movie (he did House of the Devil) and it's very effective. It's one of those slow burn movies; the author doesn't push the situation, but lets the creepiness creep up on you at a steady build, with many of the scares coming from how we tend to scare ourselves. It also helps that the two leads, Sara Paxton and Pat Healy, are very appealing. The issue as to why this is happening now is never satisfactorily answered (the closing of the hotel isn't sufficient), but it doesn't matter. It definitely works. Go and have some scary fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment