About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

IF A TREE FALLS: A STORY OF THE EARTH LIBERATION FRONT

One of the five doc noms for the Oscars. It's about the ELF, environmental terrorists who went around burning down businesses that were harming the environment and it's actually very entertaining, well told and at times moving. At the same time, though the participants resent being called terrorists, they never make a very convincing argument as to why they aren't, and sympathy finally flies out the window when their final two acts burnt down businesses that didn't conflict with the ELF's moral stance; they just seem to toss it off as an "oops, my bad". But it's definitely a film worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment