About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

HELL AND BACK AGAIN

Danfung Dennis's documentary that is nominated for an Oscar. It's about the final mission of Nathan Harris, a Marine in Afghanistan, and his subsequent rehabilitation from a leg wound. I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I felt great sympathy for the pain and difficulty he was going through in trying to get his life back to normal and I have great admiration for his sacrifice in Afghanistan. At the same time, I'm not convinced that the at times cruel and contemptuous way he treated his wife could be traced to the trauma he suffered during battle, and I found his obsession with guns and his stated desire to kill people a bit disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment