About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Friday, February 20, 2009

DEPARTMENT OF SELF-AGGRANDIZEMENT

Just a weekly catching up of what's going on in my life.
I received positive comments back on my script for Here! Networks/Regent Entertainment. Any further notes are waiting until there is a production imminent. As everybody in the industry knows, getting a production can never be counted on until the movie is in the can (and even then, one sometimes wonders), so there is still no guarantee the film will be made. So wish me luck and keep sending out those Richard Gere positive karmic thoughts.
I just completed a workshop wherein I did revisions on my sci-fi film Revelation and I am pleased with the results.
Two theaters in England expressed interest in taking a closer look at some of my plays. One said they were going to have an in-house reading (just among the members, no audience) of Queen Christina Goes Roman. Again, keep those Richard Gere thoughts going.
I am starting up reading again for the Slamdance teleplay competition. Last year, I had to not participate due to too many conflicts. I am always looking for private consultation gigs, so if anybody knows of anyone, please pass my name and blogsite on to them.
I'm debating whether to take the long bus ride to go to the Nuart to see Moscow/Belgium or take the lazy way out and see the International today. Tomorrow night I may go to the LACMA for the Germany Divided movies of Escape from East Berlin and Funeral in Berlin.
Oscars Sunday. My guesses, Slumdog Millionaire (Ron Blagojovich has a new nickname: Slumdog Million Hair) for picture, director and adapted screenplay. Sean Penn, Kate Winslet, Heath Ledger, Penelope Cruz acting; and Milk best original screenplay.
Talk to everyone later.

No comments:

Post a Comment