About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

JUST PASSING TIME

Nothing new to report, so I'm just writing something, anything here because I'm getting antsy, I guess to write something, anything because that is the purpose of a blog though I often feel like I'm that tree that falls in the woods when no ones around and in many ways I guess it's all existenial anyway, one writes in a blog because that's what a blog is for and I wonder how long I can keep a run on sentence going anyway before I annoy anyone who reads this.

I am behind in my reviews and need to write ones for Whatever Works, Surveillance, Seraphine and The Girl From Monaco which hopefully will appear soon. It's surprising I haven't done them already because I'm one of the most opinionated people I know, but I'm also someone who loses steam very easily, so there you have it.

I am debating going to see the Italian Grindhouse films at the Americancinemateque tonight (two lurid suspense films that since they are Italian Grindhouse are probably pretty bad by definition) or going to LACMA to see Ivan the Terrible, Part I. Now, I know I'm suppose to go to LACMA, but if I'm too lazy by the time tonight comes, I make take easy way out and stay in the hood.

I have been doing what I call catch up--seeing films on cable and Netflix. HariKari was a cinematic experience and it has to be one of the greatest Japanese films ever. Memories of Murder (by the director of the Host) was a fascinating, at times darkly comic, dramatization of South Korea's first serial killer investigation. Secretary didn't quite work for me; the author never convinced me that this sado-masochistic relationship was a healthy one.

I'm not getting my own writing done as fast as I'd like. It's a little of a grind because of the coverage work I'm doing in order to make a living, but I am slowly making progress.

Sorry to be boring. Hopefully I'll have something more intesesting to say in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment