About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

AND THEY'RE OUT OF THERE

I just saw that the two Bens, Lyons and Mankiewicz, are no longer going to be representing the acme of movie criticism when they are replaced on their show At the Movies by A.O. (Tony) Scott of the New York Times and Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune. From what everyone says out here in Hollywood, they will not be missed.
I never really minded Mankiewicz, but I have to be honest and say there was just something about Lyons that made the hair on my neck (during the periods when I didn't shave them) stand up on end. It wasn't even his opinions. It was just him. One of those lack of chemistry things, I guess.
But it will be good getting the show back on track with two critics who seem to be better suited to the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment