About Me

My photo
PLEASE NOTE: I have moved my blog to http://howardcasner.wordpress.com/. Please follow the link for all my updated postings. Thank you.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT: The LA Times passive agressive article on the LACMA film series

There is a fascinating article in the Sunday L.A. Times on LACMA closing its film series and how it spotlights other similar venues in L.A. It's a great summary of LACMA's competition, but there is something kind of humorous about it in its passive aggressiveness. It's saying, Go ahead, LACMA, leave us, please don't leave, see if we care, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, please don't leave, I hate you for your finickiness, I love you, don't leave.
I love LACMA, it has a slightly different approach to film programming that some other places (the LA Times article is correct when he calls the American Cinemateque in Hollywood, which I attend all the time and am a member, as appealing to movie geeks). My problem with LACMA is that I don't have a car and coming home at night is a tricky proposition. Otherwise, I'd be there far more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment